Yesterday I spent 7 minutes in heaven. Actually it was 45 minutes in a waiting room. A glorious waiting room. Pretty much the 'holy of holies' of waiting rooms. It was the inner sanctum of the Austin Breast Center. (I was having this old problem double checked. I'm fine.)
Here's what made it a heavenly experience:
- I was alone. (I'm a loner, remember?)
- There was a minifridge.
- It was stocked with Diet Dr. Pepper.
- Cozy couch.
- A dozen current magazines.
- Flat screen tv and a remote all for me.
- Fluffy terrycloth robe, which I wore like a Snuggie.
- Room is situated beyond a door that says 'No men permitted beyond this point.'
I think that's how they get busy moms to come back for another mammogram every year. Brilliant.