Saturday, February 13, 2010

McDilemma



I had an interesting experience at the McDonald's drive thru today. Everything was normal when I ordered my vanilla cone* and paid for it at the first window.


When I got to the second window to pick up my order, however, this is the riveting dialogue that took place:


Rudolfo: Mam, I've just been told we don't have any soft serve.

Me: Oh, okay.

Rudolfo: Would you like 3 chocolate chip cookies or two hot apple pies?

Me: No thanks.

Rudolfo: You have to pick, cause you already paid.

Me: I'll just take my dollar and seven cents back.

Rudolfo: You have to pick another item that's the same price, because we don't give refunds unless you're dissatisfied with your order.

Me: I'm dissatisfied with my vanilla cone. It has no taste, to the point that it's actually invisible.

Rudolfo: I understand. How can I resolve this problem for you?

Me: Give me my dollar and seven cents back.


As I drove off with my refund, I was a little disappointed that I hadn't thought of a more creative resolution to the problem. I think Rudolfo would washed my car if I asked.
*3 ww points

6 comments: