Monday, February 1, 2010

Cabbage soup

The cabbage soup diet pretty much makes fun of itself. I'll post it here in case you slept through this one or just don't remember 1996 very well.

Day One:
Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.

Day Two:
Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.

Day Three:
Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No Baked Potato.

Day Four:
Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:
Beef And Tomatos: Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomtoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef one one of the beef days (but not both).

Day Six:
Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart's content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.

(Diet plan from this webpage. Emphasis added.)

The website also says that this diet is to be followed for seven days, then not to be repeated for at least two weeks. Just enough time to gain back the weight that you lost during round one.

I did this diet in high school, I think my freshman year. Day four was really rough for me because I don't eat bananas and I can't drink milk. I also am sure I didn't even taste the cabbage soup or have a vegetable on veggie day either.

I am curious to know what would happen if your heart was not content with your meat consumption on day six? And what if you DID have fruit on day 2?

4 comments:

  1. there's something on my blog for you and it's not cabbage soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - I have an award waiting for you at
    http://ellabellamozzarella.blogspot.com/2010/02/little-bit-of-happiness-sunshine-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this makes me laugh and remember the good ole days..I was a teen when we did this..it seemed like we lost a lot at a time..I recall being able to loose 5 lbs over night..Good Times..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. number one I would have to sneak lots of chocolate on this diet and number 2 on day 4 I would have the worse gas ever or it may not would hit till day 5 but that must be why monkeys smell so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete