Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break day 5

Yesterday my life got easier. Can I get an 'amen'?




You see, for the past 5 months and 18 days,

I've carried Carolyn in a sling on trips to the grocery store,

like any 'attachment parent' worth her salt would do.

Well, that's not the only reason.

I have this weird paranoia that I will someday run into my chosen parenting guru,
Dr. Sears himself, at Target.
And I will have no icebreaker if I'm not wearing my baby.
Surely Dr. Sears will not judge me for taking advantage of the grocery cart seat
now that C can sit up.
Right?
Maybe I'll attach myself to the cart with some sort of tether.
Just to be safe.
Now I'm off to watch the movie 'Precious'.
Just in case I run into Oprah.

5 comments:

  1. So funny, wearing your baby! I love that phrase. Um, I know the good doctor wouldn't judge you, unless he did so by holding up a card with a 9.8 on it (I'm sorry, I had to take off .2 points because you don't appear to be attached to the cart with a tether and that is very hazardous to the baby). Then he would hand you a trophy and everyone would call you Trophy Mama. After all, you DO have the most comprehensive, safe germ-away cart cover one can buy, right? Or did you make that sweet little number? Because I think I may want one to protect my purse next time I go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just gets cuter everyday..hi Joy how have you been..hope you are enjoying your spring break...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Great post!! I love seeing your little gal swallowed up in that huge cart cover.

    And how was Precious? Just in case Oprah calls me to ask . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your toile grocery cart cover! I need to get a cute one. :) I still tote Adelyn in the car seat, but that will change very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved my shopping cart cover, it was almost identical to that one if not the same. She sat in it probably until 2. I'm a germ phobe when it comes to my kids haha.

    ReplyDelete